Sunday, July 1, 2012

I remember telling myself when I was ... oh about a Kindergardener and up that when I grow up I shouldn't underestimate children and their understanding, thinking, etc. I clearly remember making this a point to myself. Of course we at that age don't know or have much experience about life at all yet, but dude - most of us are a lot more aware than grownups may want to believe. I remember adults talking to me like if I didn't know the truth or what was going on - which is "normal". When they would have grown up talks, mask the truth, say the truth in a nicer way, use different lingo, or whisper [we are young, not deaf]- I would think wow that's not sly at all and we all comprehend the basics of what's going on. So don't underestimate your children and also treat them more [I said more so don't be offended] like the human beings and the young adults they are. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment