Wednesday, May 2, 2012

How sweet is this post? :]
Reblogged: http://www.thedaybookblog.com/2012/05/keepin-it-real.html

."............Now, Everett is one of those babies that always makes you feel like you're a pretty good mom because he's so easy going, easily comforted, and overall very happy. So taking on round one of 'inconsolable Everett' really threw me and my "wait, I thought I was good at this" mentality for a loop. I reached that breaking point ... you know, the one where you can laugh or you can cry? Well I cried. And I cried kind of hard I guess, because to Everett it sounded like I was laughing. So he started laughing. That sweet baby rolled over, looked up at me and laughed at my crying. And that was it. It was that one moment we both needed I suppose. I relaxed and chuckled at his sweet sense of humor, picked him up, and that now happy baby sunk right into my arms and fell asleep.
Oh, I am one lucky lady to be his mama. "

No comments:

Post a Comment