Sunday, March 25, 2012

Amount of TV, Sweets, Playing, Sleep...

I was raised rather on the spoiled side getting to eat whatever I want when I wanted [food thats pretty bad for you, endless sweets, ice cream, etc etc.], watch tv whenever, play whatever whenever, sleep wheneverrr, etc. Times were also def different back then as well, but my mom was very lenient in the least. So of course I grew up thinking that I would give my children ice cream every single night after dinner [ok, ok not even after dinner], etc etc.

The family I watch now are on the strict side only allowing them 30 minutes of tv or electronic games everyday, ice cream only on friday nights [which at first, I felt so bad for them and thought it was blasphemy! :], limit anything sweet, push only healthy snacks, in bed by 8pm [and listen!], etc etc. And as a result, they play so well by themselves!! They do feen for sweets and do anything for it, but are rather very good with it also.

I'm not saying one is bad, etc. Just saying :]

No comments:

Post a Comment