Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Home Pregnancy Tests

Since I was feeling sick, I wanted to take meds. So I wanted to check first if I could or should take meds or not. I was 50/50 on whether or not I was pregnant. I definitely felt pregnant, but I could also just be making myself feel more pregnant and just be very hopeful. I was also scared of taking a pregnancy test because I didn't want to be let down. I am barely ever a hesitant person, but I stalled on taking these home pregnancy tests until the night of Monday, September 16, 2013.

We had two pregnancy test boxes. One was given to me from my sister in law at my bridal shower over 3 years ago. The other was given to me from my previous boss. One of the pregnancy test boxes had been 9 months expired and one box was going to expire next month.

 So I try the 9 month expired pregnancy test first. It saids that results show in 2 minutes. Two minutes to be waiting and staring at the test seemed like it would be torture for me so I went into the kitchen to do something [I don't even remember what]. My husband, of course, is on stand by and I hear a yipee or wahoo type of noise from him after a minute. I'm like ... Are you kidding?? Don't even play around. No way!... I had this conversation by myself without waiting for his responses. He saids he is not kidding and saids in a funky voice, "Baby - we pregnant~" I look at the pregnancy test and the mark is super dark. It's like - HELLO YOU ARE VERY PREGNANT. I don't act excited because I don't believe it. I am happy, but I don't want to get my hopes up. I continue to state that this test is expired. So my husband voluntarily pees on a stick. His is negative and so faint. The comparison of the two tests are so different.

Ok, I want to believe I'm pregnant, but I'm scared of being let down. How accurate are these tests anyway!? My husband saids that these test are VERY accurate, lol. Being pregnant would mean I, we are the happiest people at that moment. I hold my excitement. I decide not to take meds, lol. [FYI, I'm actually pretty far from a pessimist.]

Ok, I want to try the unexpired pregnancy test so I proceed to that one... But I can't pee so I barely splash some pee on it. [TMI, but get used to it!] It doesn't even activate at first. I need to do it again! I can't pee for at least another 40 minutes and my husband is asking me if I'm ready to pee every 5 minutes. He is so excited and he already knows in his blood that we are pregnant. This stick gives me one solid line - the first line indicating that we are pregnant, but the other line doesnt show. I can tell that this stick is saying we are pregnant.

I feel like I can pee so I take a stick and pee on it, but I pee on the wrong stick! I pee on the last expired one and not the one I wanted to pee on. Geez! lol. I blame my husband for putting the expired one on the sink, lol! I have too many pregnancy tests right now. I say whatever and that I'll do it tomorrow morning.

I repeat to my husband which stroller and baby bag I want, lol. So typical me. I'm excited and it takes me some time to fall asleep that night.

I wake up fairly early and finally pee on the right stick. I'm too tired to wait or check, but I have a strong feeling that it will be a positive one. My husband comes back saying he knew we are pregnant, that this stick is not expired, is well peed on [haha], and confirms two lines indicating that this home pregnancy test is also another positive one.

All those sticks man. We ended up taking too many of them, haha. I do believe we are pregnant, but I won't feel confident until we go to the OB. And then of course, wait until my 2nd trimester to make sure our baby can grow.

But HOW IN THE WORLD DO PEOPLE HOLD THIS SECRET for 3 months!??! GEEZ. This is a crime. Bloody murder I tell you! I've already failed. :P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment