Tuesday, February 7, 2012

things not to say

I looked up "things not to say to a pregnant woman" online in advance so I could post it without feeling guilty, but I don't think I will relate to most of them. I posted some of the ones I thought were better. Maybe I'll just write my own list when I'm actually pregnant. You all know I dont have fear of speaking my mind! :P

"You are not going to get any sleep ..."
We get it. Babies don't sleep all night.

"Did you want a girl/boy?"
What's the point of asking? Can the mother switch the gender?
I dont mind saying bcos it's so obvious with me. But my thing is that if I get the opposite of what I've been saying, I dont want people to feel bad or uncomfortable. Plus every mother and parent will love the baby regardless of their gender, unless youre an old fashion korean person! :P :P haha

“You look like you’re ready to pop!”
The last thing a woman who is very pregnant wants to hear is how big she looks. She’s already frustrated and tired of being pregnant.

“Enjoy ____ now because once the baby comes, you can kiss it goodbye.”
Pregnancy is an emotional time for a woman especially if it’s her first. She’s very aware that her life is about to drastically change. She doesn’t need you to suggest that she’ll never enjoy sleep, skinny jeans or a minute alone ever again.
What to say instead: “Parenting is certainly full of ups and downs but it’s worth it!”

"_____ you complain about not feeling good. Didn't you WANT to be pregnant?"
Oh this will so be me!! LOL.


-------
Oh! Let me add "things NOT to say to someone who is trying"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahah

Are you sure?
It's so soon.
You can wait.
But you're so young!
You still have so much time ahead of you.
Why don't you wait?
ETC. [Yeah I'm bitter, but you guys already know that!]

YEAH MAN we're sure. We talked and talked negotiated :P and planned and its SET. NO THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUH BYE. BYE
Please support our decision with genuine hearts.

Travel as much as you can.
Thanks [TELL MY HUSBAND THAT :] We are trying! We have plans for what I called the Euro Do or Die trip, lol.

You're crazy
Yeah I know. And I'm crazy in love with babies. I'm even more psychotic about having our own little family. "I am so crazy."

What about your career? [fashion?!]
As for Ty and me, we talked this one out before we got married so that's why I'm a nanny. :]

Are you ready?!
You know what? I'll try my best is my promise. No book, advice, etc. can really prepare you. :]

I don't think you're ready or mature enough. [Yep, someone said this to me and they are entitled!]
It stung a bit, esp bcos it came from someone dear [no, not my MIL. oh wait, not this example I mean :]. I know they were looking out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment