Friday, May 9, 2014

Advice from a Pregnant Lady

Things I hate: 

-You got so big. You look big. You're getting bigger. You're so big now. Your face or belly is big/bigger. You're ready to pop. [Wait, can you see the steam coming out of my ears? ;P]
I think a lot of people who don't know what to say, say this?? And some just don't realize that this is not what you should... ever say to a pregnant person; even if they gained 100 lbs or are having triplets. Yes, it's a fact that we, pregnant ladies, are growing, but dude we don't want to effin' hear that!! That makes me feel SO EFFIN GREAT. THANKS SO MUCH, Captain Obvious and Inconsiderate. :]

-Your baby is like an alien. Anything comparing your baby to an alien.
Yes, little newborns and infants are little human beings that are little different at first in the least, but who wants to hear a comparison of your baby to an alien!? I am the first one to tell friends that our newborn will probably look like a precious alien, but only I can say that, lol. If someone has a problem, only that person can say they have a disability. I can vent about my family, but will get mad if my husband chimes in and starts talking about my family too. Know what I mean? It's different, LOL.

Things I love from anyone, even strangers:

-God bless your baby
-Congratulations
-Boy or Girl?
-Best of luck
-How far along are you?
-When is your due date?
Taking the time to compliment a stranger on such a precious gift takes my breathe away. Thank you for just taking the time to care and ask. I get emotional 90% actually because I am so touched.

-Being considerate and helping out whether it be lifting something heavy for a very pregnant woman.
-Asking how they're feeling.
I didn't take people on these offers in the beginning, but as I got into my last trimester, it is very helpful. It is very thoughtful and generous of anyone to help anyone.

Don't care:
-Touching my belly.
Most people hate this, but I don't mind. Unless you're a stranger, but that never happened to me.

Advice:

-Just tell pregnant ladies they look great. I can't and don't like to lie for crap, but this is one lie I would tell any pregnant lady, lol. It's not easy being pregnant sometimes!

-Asking how they are feeling is great. To me, it's about seeing how I am feeling cared for that gives me a nice fuzzy feeling. ;]

-Words of encouragement and telling them they've been doing a great job. And if they've been a nightmare of a pregnant lady, hey they're not doing so great so this is your time to just get over it [75% of the time]!

-Offer to come to them to hang out or ask what the want to do/go. We are usually very tired, but want to hang out. We might want to go somewhere and venture out, but in a car and take breaks in between.

-Ask them what they prefer to eat. I didn't have any cravings so that was ok. I didn't have too many aversions so that was good too. But I didn't like eating a lot of foods.





No comments:

Post a Comment