Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Update

I was so afraid that when Baby Coco comes into our world for the first time I'd be a nightmare, have many meltdowns, and fall apart. I thought I would be in recovery pain, short fussed with my husband and my mom, and very cranky with no sleep. I prayed really long and hard about these things. And so far, day 5, so good! :D [Except for a glitch on Day 3 with PPD. Will post about this.] I'm on this high from our precious daughter. She truly gives me the energy and happiness. We're not doing bad at all! ;]


My husband is the best! He is the best support and my #1 fan. We are both so appreciative of each other. We work as a team.

With all the medical stuff, he takes care of all that. This would be very stressful for me since I don't know any of it. I'm at ease because he knows what it is, how to reply, and knows what we want to do with Colette. And he just knows what they're talking about. When doctors and nurses ask me if I want to do this or if I have that, I'm like huh and look at my husband, lol. One example, when people tell you this is good or bad for your baby, how do you know which are biased and which are really valid? And it's your baby so you would be skeptical. Another example, when something is wrong or I'm in pain, I don't even know how to fully describe it, but my husband will cut in and explain to them in terms I dont know what it is, lol.

He started letting me sleep at nights; and I take over at 4am [which surprisingly works for me]. My milk hasn't fully come in yet so that's why twice in the middle of the night, he has supplemented the feedings with formula just for several days. [My goal is to exclusively nurse for a year. I'm going to try to really stick with it very much. We shall see. :]

He's REALLY good with babies and children. When Coco gets too fussy, everyone hands her over to him, lol! Actually before people can hand her over, he is right there, haha. He knows how to do a mean swaddle too. ;] People and nurses are impressed, lol.

He is really hands on, willing, excited, not scared, and doesn't want to miss a thing. ;]


No comments:

Post a Comment