Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Ages and Babies

Disclaimer: If anything, just read the last paragraph!! This is a very sensitive topic [getting married or having kids "too young"] to me as you can see! It is a very, very detailed post. I couldn't help myself. Do I have a complex? I wouldnt change anything, but being the first married and maybe first to have children amongst my group/age... can also be very difficult in its own ways. [That is a huge topic I may or may not get into. x/]

Not going to lie, I don’t like it when people tell me I’m too young, I should wait, etc. to have children because I am just too eager to be a future mother. If I could control it, I would! Ok? :P Let me first say that I know they are trying to look out for me! Thank you!! :] I also understand and respect, since being a nanny and knowing many who have young children, that there is no comparison and that it is indescribably different than living your life 24/7 [waking up 1am, 2am, 3am, 4am, 6am good morning] with children and actually being a parent.

My husband and I have a 6 year age gap. I am perfectly fine with it. I always wanted to marry someone older and for the most part dated older so 6 years is cool with me. My husband, on the other hand, did get and does get a share fair about him “robbing the cradle”. Cradle... Baby Blog... Cool. Ha ok anyways...

We are currently 25 and 31 about to celebrate both our birthdays in a month. In a perfect world, if we conceive [no you can never really plan] when we’re 26 and 32, maybe we would have our 1st child when we’re 27 and 33. Add a hopeful 3 more babies and 1-2 years in between that. 27 & 33, 29 & 35, 32 & 38, 34 & 40 - this is being extremely hopeful. In reality, it’ll be closer to a decade for sure. That is a longg time loosing sleep, insanity, not going on vacay [lol], having and raising infants and babies. I didn’t say a miserable time, I said long... and will add challenging time. I can not use these numbers, but will do so just as a basic guide. By the time the 4th baby is 25 years old, my husband is 65 years old. By the time my husband is 40, it has just only begun really. And that is perfectly fine if so!! But if I could start trying earlier, I am - is what I mean. :] On a side note, my husband looks and I think will be active enough when he’s older to keep up so def no worries. ;]

I am the first to get married amongst my friends. I am the only one talking about trying to conceive amongst my friends. [HK doesnt count in all this. :] So I have heard many things about getting married at 24 [to some its madd early and others its not] and when to have children. So for those who say I am rushing or too young in age to be a mother, I wanted to share just the number factor with you. At the end of the day, age is indeed just a number whether you are an “older or younger” parent or "immature or mature enough" to be a parent. Being a 27 year old mother is not that young!! I am not having children too young!!!!!!!!!! :]

For those who want to be a newlywed for longer, that is awesome. No sarcasm at all. My husband and I have made the decision to try for a family when we do. I also see/compare it as 3-10 years [3 years for one infant. 10 years for many children.] now when I’m in my mid to late 20s OR 5 years later when I’m in my 30s.... waiting 1.5 years or 5 years, you’re going to go through it. I personally want to be a younger mom [career is another future topic :], juggle being a mother while I’m younger and feel like I have more energy [lol feel is the key word], have the babies/children more/sooner in my lifetime, and be younger as they age... so we can be closer in age to, for example, have grandchildren [again just an example] with them sooner. Does this make sense?

Not trying to sound mad or bitter. Please keep in mind that I hear of age and when in time... a lot. With me right now, it’s not helpful. Please be encouraging. That is what I need. I am not trying to figure out when so your time to persuade or share about that - that window has unfortunately closed. We know when we would like to start. Even if I’m wrong, we’re already pass that. It’s too late. So please help me feel good about our decision. THANKS. <- That was sarcastic. :P

Everyone warns us of the no sleep, the lack of freedom, and jokes of all the hardships of having children which I agree and second hand see to be true. I dont disagree. What I’m trying to say is that whether you have children when you’re 25 or wait, you will go through those tough and challenging years. So I choose sooner than later. I am also very excited, for example, to take a family Euro trip that all the children can understand in "20" years rather than "27" years. I am excited to be apart of my child’s wedding "5" years earlier in our [husband and me] lives. All because we decided to have a family “5” years earlier. That is my reasoning behind it is all! :] :]

THANK YOU. GOOD DAY. GOOD NIGHT. BYE BYE

No comments:

Post a Comment