Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Start Trying... aka “TTC” [duh! :P]

We are starting to try this month, January 2012!! ...Or aka “TTC” Trying To Conceive. I used this TTC word way too much as if it’s “LOL” or as if I invented the lingo TTC. I started using TTC to my friends without explaining it. So. like. me. [rolling eyes at myself!]. I even made up and started saying, “duh I’m on the only diet I’ve ever been on in my life - The TTC Diet!!!” hahaha. By which I gave up half of that stuff and pretty much failed sticking to the TTC diet. I just added healthy foods to my normal diet. I just cant and am not a yogurt person [eat half way and kinda yak], an oatmeal person [as I chugged a small portion every morning, I started to kinda yak. It doesnt even taste that bad!], a celery person, a big salad person. Oh geez, this is horrible I’m going to stop naming them. There will be a whole entry on this later anyways. Anywhoos, the real purpose of this entry before I start going on 285 other tangents [I dont even have a baby brain yet. lolol!] is that.........ok this should have been the beginning....

One of my friends didn’t exactly know what that really means - start trying. Also a good point! So when someone says that they are going to start trying, it means that you are off birth control and or not using a condom. Some just dont use any protection or contraceptives when TTC, but dont time their period, etc. so that is a more “whatever happens, happens” type of mindset. Actively trying means, well just that you are putting more “effort” into trying to conceive a baby. That could include stopping or lessening smoking/drinking, taking certain vitamins, eating a certain way, marking your calendar when and before, checking every month if you get your period or not, etc. etc. etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment