Tuesday, January 31, 2012

When you find out in your 1st trimester.. and sharing the news

As for telling others when we think [tragically, the 1st trimester is never a definite the baby will survive] we are pregnant, I still have no clue on how long we.. no I will be able to keep it a secret from the friggin :P world. You should share with others after the 1st trimester because many, many healthy and perfectly fine babies and mothers can and do unfortunately miscarry their first time.

One pastor said that you should share with people when you conceive because whether you miscarry or not, you should go through it all with your community. I thought wow what an amazinggggg perspective. The only reason why I would think of not sharing is obviously for the sake of others. I'm not superstitious.

Going on a random tangent, I admire Guiliana & Bill Rancic for sharing their struggles because I don’t think they do it all for fame. It is a horrible and very hard thing to go through, let alone share. But in sharing, they help people in many different ways. That is SO inspirational to me.

I know a few people who have shared with me that they miscarried a [most common is first] pregnancy. If you would like to anonymously share your story on this blog to help encourage others, please feel free to email me.

I wanted this blog to show the "not so good" [bad, depressing] as well, so in that case maybe I will share early on. And if I do happen to miscarry, I will share about that too... only in hopes that others who are or have gone through it can all try to help, relate, understand, and encourage one another. It can very easily be a [beyond] depressing time and you don't need to go through it alone. It is sadly, indeed, common.

Soooooo.... I guess what I'll really do is try to get "permission" from my husband to share with others when we find out. :P So miscarriage or not, I would like to share during my first trimester. But it's not just up to me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment